What is Permanency Mediation?
Permanency mediation is an alternative to a contested court proceeding for children in the Massachusetts foster care system. Permanency mediation addresses the unique issues involved in care and protection, guardianship and termination of parental rights proceedings. The model uses an independent third party to facilitate a child-centered approach to permanency planning. By giving parents an opportunity to help develop plans for their child’s future, permanency mediation both empowers and preserves families.
Plummer’s Permanency Mediation Services
- Identify a child’s specific needs and the strengths and characteristics needed for any adult to successfully parent a particular child.
- Unite parents, extended family, kin, caregivers and professionals in a cooperative planning process.
- Empower family members through participatory planning and decision-making on behalf of their child.
- Provide an important opportunity for all adults who are significant in a child’s life to plan together and develop positive relationships that can be sustained over time.
- Utilize a neutral third-party with no decision-making authority or stake in a specific outcome.
- Are scheduled at the convenience of families within their homes and communities.
Join us for our next Permanency Mediation Training
For more information, email Jodie Will at PermMediation@plummeryouthpromise.org
or call 978-219-5697
Youth served through Permanency Mediation
Young people and their families served, Plummer-wide
44 Portland Street,
Parking at Worcester Library or street meters
How to Become a Permanency Mediator
Learn more about the process!
Permanency Mediation Brochure
For more information, download the Permanency Mediation Brochure.
Para obtener más información, descargue el folleto de Servicios de Mediación para Permanencia.