The idea that young people need a family to succeed in life is not new. But the extent of Plummer Youth Promise’s commitment to finding a permanent family for everyone, especially for teens and young adults in foster care, is uncommon. What’s more, our experience indicates that our permanency efforts are working, and the techniques we use are recognized a promising practice by national organizations.
Plummer Youth Promise’s Permanency Practice Leadership division provides specialized permanency consulting, training, coaching and technical assistance for child welfare providers, government agencies and other nonprofit organizations. Services range from multi-year engagements to one-time workshops and presentations. Led by nationally recognized expert Lauren Frey, MSW, LICSW, Plummer permanency consultants will:
- Help you figure out how to weave the concept of permanency throughout your organization and develop a permanency-driven culture
- Identify and train staff on the best permanency practices, strategies and tools that will work in the context of your programs
- Assist you in designing or refreshing your practice model so it provides an optimal foundation and guide for all your permanency efforts
- Provide structured individual and/or group coaching of a wide range of staff members from managers and supervisors to front line workers
- Offer direction as you select, train, supervise, develop and evaluate staff as you build a permanency-competent workforce
- Align your data tracking and measurement to determine if you are effectively setting and meeting permanency-related goals and benchmarks
- Provide tips in deepening your organization’s partnerships and collaborations in order to achieve more timely and successful permanency outcomes
We have shared our insights on permanency in writing, authoring a 2015 article for the Association of Children’s Residential Centers best practice series called Redefining Residential: Strategic Interventions to Advance Youth Permanency.
For questions about our Permanency Practice Leadership services, call Lauren Frey at 978-744-1099 x 124.