State funding keeps the lights on. Private funding pays for the things that make childhood, childhood – camps, recreational outings, driving lessons – But more than that, it helps us keep a promise – a promise we make to every youth in our care that we will do everything possible to connect them to a forever family.
There are many ways you can support and get involved with Plummer Youth Promise:
- Make a one-time donation to help us meet immediate needs.
- Workplace Giving. Talk to your employer about a matching gift donation.
- Join Promise Circle, monthly giving donors ensuring stability for kids and teens.
- Become a Fundraiser, hosting your own fundraiser to support Plummer.
- Volunteer to sponsor a meal or birthday cake for Plummer youth and more.
- Plan a legacy gift in your will or by making Plummer a beneficiary.
- Donate new or used items from this list.
- Become a foster parent.
- Join our team.
“Some people give to make themselves feel good. Some people give to get a tax break. Some people give to make a difference. Some people give to give back, because they have been in that situation before. My wife and I do it for a little bit of all of that. I grew up in a group home. It was not the Plummer Group Home, but I know how far a small donation goes. It may also allow opportunity, and the young people are really in need.”
– Doni and Jenney Holland, Peabody, MA