Every young person has a family unconditionally committed to nurture, protect and guide them to successful adulthood.
Plummer’s mission is to set a standard of excellence that improves outcomes for young people in or at risk of entering state care by deeply engaging youth, families, and the systems that impact them to develop permanent family relationships, skills, and community connections.
Our Operating Principles
Each day we:
- Invest in each young person to identify, understand, and support his or her unique strengths and needs
- Develop an individualized, trauma-informed treatment plan
- Allow youth to guide their own treatment as appropriate
- Engage families and other positive adults on a collaborative team to help move the youth toward a permanent family
- Support the development of essential skills
- Connect youth with the community
- Rely on evidence-based and best practices to deliver high quality care
- Appreciate the value of diversity, encouraging learning throughout and between all levels of the organization
- Foster the development and sharing of expertise of and among staff and programs
- Strive to continually improve outcomes
- Share knowledge as a practice leader and advocate for children