Every young person a has a family unconditionally committed to nurture, protect, and guide them to successful adulthood.
Plummer’s mission is to set a standard of excellence that improves outcomes for young people in or at risk of entering state care by deeply engaging youth, families, and the systems that impact them to develop permanent family relationships, skills, and community connections.
Dignity, Teamwork, Compassion, Resilience, Integrity, Learning, Joy
We act on our values by:
- Committing to racial equity by actively examining our services, behaviors, and structures for the purpose of eliminating biases, policies, and practices that may perpetuate racism or inequity.
- Addressing and dismantling injustices faced by marginalized/vulnerable populations/youth by advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in all areas of the organization.
- Engaging and including families and other adults and partners on a collaborative team to help move the youth toward a permanent family.
- Empowering young people and their families to identify, understand, and express their needs and to capitalize on their unique strengths so they can guide their services.
- Creating and following a youth-guided, family driven, individualized, trauma-informed treatment plan that recognizes family as the primary healing agents, prioritizes permanency, and includes preparedness and community goals as appropriate.
- Protecting the continuity of youths’ relationships and attachments to family and other caring adults.
- Advancing the development of social-emotional, educational, vocational, and life skills.
- Embrace continuous learning by utilizing experience, data, research, and best practices to deliver, demonstrate, and promote effective work
- Leveraging the knowledge, learning, and experiences between our service delivery programs and our permanency practice leadership work, adding value to each from the other.
- Leading other child welfare providers and systems toward the delivery of permanency best practices through training, consultation, and coaching.